Thursday, March 15, 2012

Laundry Room Done!

After installing the new water heater, the plan was to redo most of the laundry room.  We figured since the laundry room would serve as the main bathroom for the Elspeth Suite, we wanted it to look good.  Luckily I started on the reno before Spring Break since, like every other project on this house, there were some surprises I had to deal with.

Here's what the laundry room looked like when we moved in:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some paint, a new laundry tub, a new toilet, a cabinet and laminate counter top, and some new vinyl tiles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got the cabinet at Home Depot for 20% off.  When we bought the toilet, there was a sign saying it was on sale for $198.  They charged us the regular price of $258.  I went back the next day to get it corrected and they said that that particular toilet was not the one on sale.  After I complained, they gave me the sale price.  So our new toilet was $60 off.

While I was at it, I finally changed the laminate wood paneling off the kitchen peninsula.  I had to remove the paneling to get at some wiring.  I suspected that the builders left holes in the wall where they had run cables to the range and peninsula, and that was the entry point for the centipedes and roaches we kept getting.  Sure enough, there were 3 cables and 3 holes.  I patched them up and replaced the old panel...

Photobucket

with beadboard like Wendy wanted.

Photobucket

In other news, here's one of Mason's onesies:

Photobucket

Cowboys don't need no spellin.

And Mason likes to talk:

No comments:

Post a Comment